Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Click on Slideshow to View Large Pics

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


This one goes out to all the moms out there. Today at church "me and the boys" did a special number to a Steven Curtis Chapman song called "One Little Heartbeat at a Time". I was in charge of singing and playing it and the boys were in charge of doing the interpretive hand motions. Elisa's job (and all the other mom's) was to sit back, smile, laugh, and cry.

We tried to have it videotaped, but due to technical difficulties, it didn't quite stick. So I've included here a video with the songsheet with the hand motions written on it, and Chapman's studio version of the song. You can read the "hand motions" at the right of the lyrics to get an idea of what the boys did. Or just enjoy the song.

May this speak to your heart, moms. Have a blessed Mother's Day!

2 comments:

The Hynum Family -- said...

Thanks Blaine. Since mother's day is a different day here I was missing those warm fuzzies. Thanks for filling the gap. The only thing that would have made it better is if I could have been there to see you do it. :) Jamie

Unknown said...

Very impressive! Thanks Blaine for that. I think I'll look up that artist for more of his stuff. Don't know if Elaine saw/heard it yet, but I'll try and be sure she does.
Michael